Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 6 Scrimmage

Today was freakin awesome. This was the kind of day everyone needs in their journey into a new sport. I had the pleasure of learning and sort of accomplishing new skills. And acting as an NSO for our scrimmage.

First about NSO-ing. I had some concerns it might not be that much fun. Totally wrong. It was the coolest thing I've ever done. I was in the infield watching players and refs zooming around me. That kind of chaos and noise is pretty much my favorite place to be. The only thing that could have been cooler would have been to skate as a ref!

So then about my mad new skills! During the day I practiced 180 spins in the hallway. First I started by holding onto stuff as I spun. Then as I got more comfortable, I was able to do them hands free.

When I went to practice we got to warm up and I tried to do the spin again. It worked! Not skillfully, not fast, but it happened and that is soooo cool! I can move in more than one direction!

Then I stayed for open skate and worked on slaloming. Totally did it, pretty well. And it really really hurts my legs. Then I worked on t-stops while going fast. Just to slow me down. Up until this point I had only done them when moving really slow.

And I practiced more one foot skating. So much improvement. This was an awesome day.

1 comment: