Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 18 Introducing Banked Track

Holy Fuck! Sorry this blog is not rated PG.

This weekend I went to the fabulous world of Banked Track Derby. So thus far in my derby career we have been learning and playing by flat tracked wftda rules. We have been trained by the local flat track gurus, Texie Scoldem of Rat City and RPOD previously of Jet City.

These guys know the rules and regulations, the in's and out's, the do's and don'ts. As far as flat track goes we have been in very good hands and I believe our progress has shown that.

This weekend was spent learning, training, studying, working, and of course drinking. I met a lot of super cool people and made some new friends. But most importantly I have learned how different banked track is from flat track.

These are details I will go into later. Our league has a lot of decisions to make on how to approach the change over, how, when, where, ect. And I haven't a clue what that will look like. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment