Saturday, February 12, 2011

Funk and bitches

So I've been in a little bit of a funk the past week or so. No gym last week and that was ok. And this week I slacked on the non-running stuff like core and push ups and monsters. Which of course is fine. But I want to get back to the beginning of the cycle again. Where you want to work out all the time and consider 2am sessions cause you're soo excited!

Well I've been having some annoying feedback from friends of late. At first it was cute and flattering. You're too skinny! You're loosing too much weigh... lalala. Well at first you don't take it seriously, just a cutesy jab at your new found body shape. But then it gets less cute, less flattering, and less kidding. Then it becomes jabs at your new body.

Some people mean well. Some don't realize it gets frustrating. and then some people say it because they are more comfortable when you are fat and not a contender. The joke is I'm not contending for anything. But if you've ever worked with a large amount of women, there are those that are threatened by women who move up the classic female valuation scale. If you are attractive you take a step up, smart a step up, popular several steps up, trim even more steps up.

I work with competitive women, it's a competitive sport. And I accidentally stepped up. The reality is I could care less about moving up, I'd like to just move away please. I'm married with kids, I'm not interested in negotiating the social playground that called derby.

Anyways fuck them. And if I hear another person say "you're too skinny" I'll tell them they are too fat and see how they like it.

So it spurred my motivation to get back on track.

Good:
Ran 3 miles outside
400 each back/sit ups
100 push ups, monster walks
10 minutes planks
Suck it bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment