Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hi! My name is sore!

Still from those freakin lunges! Today I've sort of hammered out my running career and I'm pretty stoked.

Tuesdays and Thursdays will be 5-6 mile hill work and speed work. So like 1-ish mile warm up 3-4 miles of speed pace or going up the hills, and 1-ish mile cool down.

Saturdays or Sundays will be the long run. Currently at 7 miles, long term goal to do 10-15 easy miles on the weekend run.

I'm feeling pretty darn close to these goals. Honestly I don't have the drive or interest to do a marathon and more importantly I don't have the knees. I can work hard, take care of myself and still run a half no problem. But that's really all the goals I have.

Cross training including 3 times a week swim, 3 times a week weights and a couple times a week biking. I'd like to up to 5-6 times a week biking and will start adding in after I adjust to my increased mileage.

Someday I'd like to also add another easy 4-6 miler in the week.

Oh and skating. Clearly I'm doing ok on the conditioning end. Skills need work. Jam reffed tonight. I still love it.

Good:
Ran 2 miles at 7mph, 2.5 miles at 6mph, and 1.7 miles at 5.5mph
Core 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment