Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some things I've learned

I'm doing really well with running. And believe me it has nothing with be a natural runner. I'm about as far from it as you can get. I have terrible knees, I've never been athletic and have like no serious experience with sports.

But I'm thinking these things all work in my favor. Having bad knees is keeping me from running too much. I'm old, well older. About to be 36. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't very old, but in terms of a great athletic career it's on the old side.

I have low expectations. The fact that I keep showing up is impressing the hell out of me. I'm ok with being slow, though I'd like to be faster. So I'm ok with poor times, cause I'm getting great miles in.

Due to the age, skill, knee, ect, thing I've spent a lot of time researching running form. I'm very early into my running career so it makes it easier. I have no bad habits to break.

Cross training like a mutha-f-a really helps too. I started a year ago doing anything but running. The running only started 4 months ago. And I've been smart and kept up on weight training, biking and now swimming.

I can run 10 miles with no real problems. It feels good. I do it slow, but I do it and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. You keep going! It sounds like you are making incredible progress! 10 miles is awesome!

    ReplyDelete