Monday, May 16, 2011

Yeah again!

Today was a long run day, but I really haven't felt the urge to push the distances much. I've been kind of just enjoying improving in the semi longish runs. I think I just may do more runs with slowly adding distance.

But regardless of distance today rocked! On my last few runs I have really felt the urge to push my pace and have been surprised by the results. Each time I get about halfway in I feel like I could have run much faster the whole time, instead of holding back to make sure I get in mileage.

So from the beginning I decided I would push. Not terribly hard, but go a faster comfortable speed. I did it the whole way. It felt freakin awesome!

I did a loop that is mostly uphill the first half and on one stretch of downhill I was sprinting (for me) and it felt so good. I never got tired, I felt like I could go forever. I was nearly laughing it felt so good. The winding was blowing at me, it was raining, but still warm. I almost put my arms out beside me to catch some air.

Anyways back to reality. Today rocked.

Good:
Ran 8.5 miles
9.16 min mile average pace. Yeah!!!!!
oh yeah, that's better than a 10 min pace!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! This is almost exactly the same length and pace as my long run yesterday...seriously!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are loving running! Nice speedy job!

    ReplyDelete