Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm back!!!

Yeah! Back home!

Went to a banked track derby tournament in Phoenix and had 4 days of great derby with a lot work and even more great people.

Sadly I did not get a lot of exercise in. Last weekend I hurt my back moving track pieces. And the 2 weeks before that were so heavy on the weight lifting that my running really suffered.

Yeah this is not a huge deal, except.... that I have the Rock n' Roll half marathon in two weeks!
Arrrggghh!!

But I have a plan. Today I ran a really slow, like 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 4 miles on the treadmill and walked another 1.75 miles.

Friday I'll aim for 6 to 7 miles. Maybe a little faster. Then Sunday or Monday do 9-10 easy miles. I'll fit one more 6-7 mile run before the race and should do fine. It won't be fast and I won't be making the time goal I originally had.... But who cares? If I run the whole thing I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment