Friday, May 11, 2012

Ending week 2 on a good note

Today's 5 miles came at the end of the day.

I was planning on waiting to do these on Saturday, but an untimely child accident (scraped chin, no ER necessary) causing me to be late to a meeting, and then a second accident with my other child during the meeting (garden cultivator to the eye, only a shiner with scratches), left me frustrated and annoyed. I definitely needed to run to work out the agitation.

So glad I did.

The sun was going down and it was just a beautiful evening. I did a speed workout, which in average wasn't so fast. But it was a good effort and felt really good to do. Speed will come, I'm not worried about that.

I'm already planning my next long run. I'm thinking of Monday. Two days off of running this weekend should get my legs good and ready to tackle 10 miles.

So nice to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment