Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to 4s!

It's really been a long time since I've been a consistent runner. Winter killed it for me. But next year the goal will be to maintain that awesome running average with my new running partner! My husband!

Anyways I've been doing 3 milers pretty consistently 4 times a week for the past month. I figured as soon as I get to that "I can go another couple miles" feeling, which took a surprisingly long time, I'll start doing 4-5 miles a couple times a week with a long 8-10 mile run once a week.

That's my comfort zone schedule. My happy place. The fitness level that encourages me to lift weights more. To eat better. And helps me fit into my clothes better. Now I have my man to do it with too!

Today I feel like I broke through the 3 mile barrier. I ran for 35 minutes of killer hills, at a fairly slow pace, then finished up with another mile on the beach. It felt awesome and I really never wanted to stop or  start walking. So nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment