Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Life is good!

Another year, or two, and new places, people and goals!

I've come back to this blog because I have something to say about all my new pursuits! I tend to be rather obsessive with my interests which translates to needing someone other than my husband to talk to about it.

What I've been doing lately; Running! Crossfit! Weightlifting and once again Derby! Well sort of.

I started back up with running a few months ago and am at my nice and boring 3-5 mile range. Slower pace than my previous running career, but it's still early on. I'm only running 2-3 times a week as it's no longer my main focus.

Crossfit! I had dabbled in crossfit before, I liked it but had different pursuits in life. Now crossfit has become a big part of my daily life. I'm going 4-5 days a week and doing great. 
I am extremely lucky to have a remarkable group of trainers. They strongly focus on weight lifting and in particular Olympic lifts. This is different than the previous gym in that they did not focus on lifting nearly  as much.
With the new crossfit gym my lifts have far surpassed any of the lifting I did several years ago and has cemented my love for weights.

In addition to crossfit I attend a local gym to get in more weight lifting time focusing on powerlifting. I loves it!

And finally Derby has come back around. The kids have finally expressed an interest in derby! We have been skating off and on, more on lately, and are starting a drop in derby class this Sunday! Whoop whoop!! I'm hoping to get more skating in and help out as a referee. Pretty much reffing for my children's derby league is the end all be all of my derby existence.

It's soo good to be back in obsession land!

No comments:

Post a Comment