Wednesday, April 25, 2018

It's a whole new world!

Oh my blog-o-sphere friends, it has been too long!

I haven't maintained this blog, mostly because who reads blogs anymore!? But I do enjoy going back and reminiscing over the blogs of my past so maybe this is for when I'm old and infirm?

Things have changed. Last I saw you all my daughter was starting derby, I was dabbling in the strongman world and not skating a ton. Well like I said, things have changed.

Lets go back, back in time, to when goals were simpler. My dear daughter started derby, my son started derby, I started derby! What?!

My prodigal daughter took to her junior derby group like a fish to water. She is amazing! She skates like a beast, loves her team and league and skating is she wants to do.

My prodigal son took to derby slightly less like a fish to water, his league is full contact so it took a good year to decide he didn't mind being hit. Fast forward to current and this young man is a beast, loves hitting, and skates like he was born with them.

And me? Well let's just say things have improved. There is a whole skatepark chronicle I'll detail in another post, but it's made a world of difference in my skating and now I'm playing derby!! With actual hitting!!

Oh yes, things have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment