Thursday, March 29, 2012

The latest and greatest

So running is coming along. I took a really long time off, and I have finally realized it was too long and not for a good reason. It started with burnout. Which is a very good reason for taking a break. But sadly it just turned into laziness.

But the great thing about loving running is that eventually you get back into it. So here I am, 2 runs into my week and feeling pretty good. I've been doing 3-4 mile runs, which is kind of my jumping off point. As long as I do 3 miles 3 times a week I know I'm only a couple of weeks away from 5-6 miles 3-4 times a week. Which is pretty much where I like to be.

Food was also an issue. I've been varying the food thing, back and forth, trying different stuff, trying different diets and non-diets and have figured out the good and the bad. Pretty much normal food with carbs just don't work for me. They are my bad foods that I will overeat and gain weight on. If I avoid them, I do fine. Sad but not that sad. You gotta figure out your weaknesses and work with them.

So I'm back to a nice "fairly" low carb diet, a reasonable exercise routine and feeling pretty good. And my husband has joined me with running. Life is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment