Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's not a toomah

Or at least I hope not.

Been fighting the "not getting sick" fight all week, running my miles, working the night shift and going to derby. Finally after a sore throat afternoon I figured it was time to take a break. I had 3 days off before work and I wanted to finally kick whatever this cold/flu thing was.

So three days of lying around (yeah!) come to an end and I prepare to hit the sack early again. But while brushing my teeth I notice a weird lump on my throat. Fast forward 24 hours. I saw the doctor and got a mixed bag of news.

I have allergies! Yeah, the "I'm not getting sick" feeling was just allergies. Take one claritin and call it good. That's a relief, I was getting tire of almost being sick.

Second news is I got a goiter. Well not really. It's likely a cyst on my thyroid. Not uncommon, but as it popped up so quickly I'll need to have it aspirated to make sure it's not thyroid cancer. Which yes is freaky. But in the land of cancer, apparently thyroid cancer is the one you want. Easy treatment and excellent prognosis. My mom had it and she's still kicking around.

Anyways, it's probably not cancer. Not a toomah. (In my best Arnold voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment