Monday, November 29, 2010

Mini Pizzas

Pumpkin party today! And I wanted to make something easy so I opted for pizza!

I made a basic dough last night with just a pinch of yeast. I let it rise overnight, then put it in the fridge until an hour before the party.

Basic Pizza dough
3 cups water
6 teaspoons salt (about 2 teaspoons of salt per cup water)
5ish cups bread flour- enough to make a sticky dough
1/2 teaspoon-ish yeast
Mix just until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and leave warm overnight.
Refrigerate until ready to use. (Keeps in the fridge up to a month)

I have a wonderful electric tortilla maker that presses and cooks tortillas at the same time. So I made up mini pizza crusts with the press and only cooked them half way until they were solid but still all white.

When people came over I would sauce them up with some Super Simple Sauce, add cheese and pop them in the oven for 5 minutes or so.

Super simple tomato sauce:
1 tablespoon oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1 whole onion chopped finely
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
3 cups crushed tomatoes
Cook garlic, onion and herbs until browned. Add tomatoes and simmer until ready to use.

I made myself some with sauce and mushrooms. Who needs cheese!
Having the pre-made pizza crusts was awesome. Totally going to be making these in the future and keep the extras in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment