Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve skating!

On a random chance I got to go to the adult skate in LBS last night.
I missed practice due to a late arriving hubby, but he was home in perfect time for that lovely flat roller rink.

It was really nice to get out and use my skates, see some friends and in general socialize. I do miss skating at LBS. They have a really nice, if sometimes candy strewn, floor and a good open space.

I spent most of it trying to get a good workout in. I'm finding that carrying less weight makes it much harder to work up a sweat. The speed skate took care of that.

I really need to spend more time on skates at the faster speed as my crossovers are wobbly when I get going. And I am still the slowest person on the speed skate, no surprise there.

But my other skills are good, crossovers, drunken sailors, and I am definitely seeing improvement in my transitions.

I'd like to spend an entire skate session skating backwards. It's really the only way to get backwards skating down. A lap or two here and there just does not cut it.

I'm really trying to push myself to do transitions at a faster pace and I think I did that last night. It of course wasn't super fast, but it was better. I haven't had as much regular skating since we went banked and I would like to change that.

Anyways it was a very happy Christmas eve eve.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment