Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ref Practice!

Don Juan is a wonderful ref from Rat City who has kindly volunteered to do some coaching for our ref group.

He led through a bunch of drills which I am still really working on. I can skate and I can even skate "ok" but I still have a long way to go before I am a competent skating ref.

We also did a bunch of laps on the banked track. This is what is so cool about our practices. We get the track all to ourselves.

So up until now I have probably only skated a dozen laps on the track. It's weird, I didn't know how to stop or get off, and I was kind of low energy.

Well tonight things were great! I skated on the track for about 20 laps and all of sudden it started to feel really good! I was able to crossovers in the straight aways, no corners yet though. And skating stop feeling weird and got a lot faster. I loved it!

Oh getting off is easy now too. Yeah banked track!

No comments:

Post a Comment