Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feedback

Getting feedback is hard. Getting harsh feedback is even harder. And when I mean harsh I mean "that was wrong and you feel humiliated" feedback.

But you know I grew up in a foreign country called "my family" and I learn best from feedback. And in particular harsh or humiliating feedback.

So when my refs tell me when I'm doing something wrong. (Though I will say they do a pretty good job of being nice about it) I learn well from it.

I actually really like harsh, blunt, rude and humiliating feedback, but thus far no one has gone there. It just sticks in my brain easier. And I'm happy with the nice version too.

Tonight I got a lot of nice feedback. And I loved it. Because I want to learn. Even if I don't always agree. This doesn't mean anything about me as a person. It's just reffing.

Tell me what to do, how to do it better. I'm all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment