Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 7 indoor for sure

Yeah didn't make it outside. The weather cleared up but having two small children who successfully made me crazy today were a huge deterrent.

Right now I am very concerned with getting in a large amount of constant practice. By doing this daily I can get to an average skill level. This may not seem much, but I just need to be able to skate, not skate well, just skate. Once I have the basics the rest can come slower.

So balancing on one foot is really hard. And doing a forward to reverse turn is hard just because my feet don't like to turn that way. But I did jump, standing still. Totally anticlimactic. Jumping while moving should prove to be difficult.

But I think the most important thing is just hanging out on skates. I feel so much more comfortable now.

And I have been doing some reading about indoor versus outdoor skates. I have decided for now to stay with my outdoor wheels.

My goal is to be a skating ref so super speedy isn't really an issue. And I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I will pursue ever being a player. I have crap knees and I don't want to deal with the injuries.

I just want to participate in practices and help out at bouts. I want to volunteer to set up and sell tickets. Help the ladies with costuming. Be super good at reffing. Get some exercise.

I think the coolest thing about this league is their attitude towards refs and nso's. They call us all refs, we are allowed to participate in as many practices as we want, but are only required to participate in a few.

I like the freedom to be as hardcore as I want without having to commit to much when my kids get sick or I start going to school again.

This is going to be good.

Oh did I mention my first official practice is on Monday? I'm hoping I don't pee my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment