Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 19 Practice Scrimmage!

So today the hubby didn't get home until 7:30, so I didn't get to practice and in skates until 7:45.

In the future days like this will be augmented with staying for an evening open skate session and/or practicing skills in the hallway. A 30 foot strip of hardwoods can cause a lot of pain and progress with some good knee dips and rolling squats.

But today was a chill day for me and I was glad for it. I am really tired. And part of it is the emotional exhaustion of putting yourself full force into a new social sport.

We set up for scrimmages. Myself and Zoe were Outside Pack Refs. So went spent our time circling the outside of the track watching for penalties on our respective teams.

This was actually really fun, because I get to watch a game very close and while skating. Nothing takes your mind off the fact that you are skating like watching girls slam each other around.

This was by far the coolest thing I've done. Right now I'm pretty stoked I decided to join derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment