Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 5 practice

I went to practice today. I took a handful of mucus, sinus, cough, sneezey, all around leaky pills, sucked it up and went.

I still have days where I'm not sure if I want to do this. Not because of the skating or the social aspect. It's just that I've gotten used to doing not a whole lot and it's a hard habit to break. But whenever I follow the thought out, the realization that not going to practice would mean I'm sitting in front of the tv, well that changes my mind quickly.

So I went, we refs did our chat and I went on to practice skills. This was actually a pretty good day. Two different people mentioned that I looked smoother in skating. I didn't actually feel smoother, but it feels good to hear it from someone observing my skating. If I can't feel the progress at least it looks better.

I worked with Sally on crossover work. Getting closer. No cigar yet. But she breaks it down into easy steps and I'm getting closer.

I'm also still trying to remember the vast number of names and faces. Holy smokes there are a lot of lovely ladies and I think I have about 10 names down.

No comments:

Post a Comment