Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 25 Practice

It's really nice not having major anxiety before practice anymore. I know that I will try new things. I know that I will be tired afterward. But I won't be afraid of skating, and I won't be intimidated by not knowing the people.

I'm not so out of shape now. I still have a very long way to go, but my legs don't shake the moment I'm standing on my skates. I can go around the rink for most of the practice. This helps a lot.

So on to the skating. We practiced throwing hand signals. These are nice drills to do because it allows us to work on other skills as we go around the rink. I'm really close to crossovers. Well, it feels close to me. I still have a lot of work to do. But it's cool to see what's coming up.

And I tried skating backwards. It was pretty silly. I do a shuffle step and slowly slide around the track. But I did it. Twice. So I'm cool with that.

It was good. Practice was good. I skated ok and tried some new stuff. I'm getting a little better endurance. And I have off skate exercises for crossovers.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment