Monday, January 31, 2011

Month 2 good knees

Today I ran awesome. I pretty much constantly increased the speed as I kept bumping into the consul. I ran almost the entire thing at a 6 which is a 10 minute mile. To those of you who are full deal runners, that's not much. But two weeks ago that was a sprint for me.

So awesomeness! I'm trying to just own the 2 miles and not have any knee pain. The research I've done on IT band issues is to run until is hurts then stop. The idea being to build up the non-painful part and stop as soon as it hurts.

I went a wee smidge beyond that point as I really focused on placing my feet right. With lots of focus I can run and have it not hurt at the end. I just want to own 2, so in a month or two I can own 2.5, then 3 and so on.

Good:
Ran 2.5 miles
Weights
400 each back/sit ups
100 push ups
100 knee/hip exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment